50% of all bike owners have had a bike stolen.
This accounts for 2% of all reported crimes.
Bicycles are some of the easiest vehicles for thieves to target.
So why not protect yourself from becoming a victim and follow these simple steps:
- Get a good bike lock
- Lock your bike to something secure, even if only for a few minutes and avoid isolated places – leave you bike where a potential thief can be seen
- Lock up removable parts (your wheels) and take light fittings with you
- Have your bike’s frame security-marked or engraved
- Take a clear colour photograph of your bike and make a written record of its description, including any unique features
- At home, keep your bike in a secure garage or shed and keep the door locked
Click here to access the full graphic for bicycle theft in the UK in 2019.